Sometimes you have those days, you come home, look in the fridge and the freezer and there is nothing decent in the house. Let’s check the freezer again. Yes! There’s another 300 grams of Angus beef there! Yes. That’s gonna be one hell of a burger, I can tell you that!
I also managed to get an oven-bag out of the cupboard somewhere and then an idea for a new recipe was born. I love spicy, and when the wife is away from home I can indulge myself all over again :-D
Season and knead hamburgers
Making a hamburger might be the easiest thing in the world. And it doesn’t have to be expensive and unhealthy. So forget those tough half shoe soles from Mora, from now on you’re just going to make your own burgers. Then you decide how good your favorite burger tastes.
- Thaw the minced meat if necessary. I always put the minced meat in the package in lukewarm water for a while. Because with the defrost mode on your combi microwave, your meat is cooked before it even leaves the microwave if you don’t pay attention.
- Put the minced meat in a bowl and add the following ingredients
1. 2 tbsp sambal
2. Finely chop the shallot and garlic and add
3. Add to garlic and onion powder and pepper
- Mix well and make 2 equal balls of 150 grams each.
- Crush the meatball into a nice burger. You can also use a burger press if you like a firmer burger.
- Work hard, man. Have a sip of special beer.
Preparing the bagels and burger
The sandwich, which perhaps deserves as much attention as the burger itself. A crispy outside and a soft somewhat sweet inside, that’s what you want in a good burger.
How to prepare:
- Cut the bagel in half
- Spread butter on both halves and place on the bbq or grill until a nice golden brown crust arises
- Cut 1 clove of garlic in half and rub it on the just-browned bagel. This creates a delicious garlic flavor that you will not soon forget
- Set aside and continue grilling burger
- Make sure your bbq or grill pan is hot, about 200 degrees
- Put your burgers on the grill, what you need to pay attention to is the following. If you look at the side of the burger you can see how far it is cooked, when it is about halfway you can flip your burger. You can also use a core thermometer or just feel it. The meat should have a core temperature of 65 to 67 degrees, then it is medium done.
- Now that your burgers are grilling you have some time to prepare the sandwiches
- Generously spread mayonnaise on the bottom half of the bagel and sambal on the top half
- Put a layer of Atjar on the bottom half, this goes perfectly with the spiciness of the sambal and takes some of the flavour off your tongue.
- When the burger has rested well, you put it on top.
- Next, grab some spring onion, cilantro, sliced pickle, and shallot and place on top of the burger. Pickled onion or other acidic vegetables also go well together
- Grab a napkin to wipe the sweat off your head later.
- Enjoy your meal
Of course, you can also put the sambal burger on another bread roll, such as brioche bread. This is nice and sweet and also goes great with a spicy burger.